Senior Front End Engineer (React)
Location: Germany. This is a remote role but candidates should be based in Germany and have a residence visa for Europe.
Language: English is the primary working language at Civic.
Reporting: The Senior Front End Engineer (React) will report to the VP of Engineering.
Position overview: We are looking for a Senior Front End Engineer (React) with experience working in fast-paced, Agile, distributed teams.
You will be responsible for the design, implementation and testing of responsive, secure and user-friendly web and mobile applications, as well as working with architects, back-end engineers and UX designers to provide the best possible product to our users.
We require a developer who is proactive, flexible, disciplined and communicative. Civic in an environment with an extremely flat hierarchy, where initiative is greatly appreciated, expected and rewarded. You will be influencing the product and architecture of our system in substantial ways.
- Analysis of business requirements and solution design
- Design and implementation of responsive and user-friendly UIs
- Integration with Serverless back-ends running on AWS lambda and Kubernetes
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data-protection requirements
- Employ strong coding standards for efficiency, readability, and reuse
- 4+ years experience in web frontend application development
- Professional experience in mobile application development on iOS or Android
- 2+ years in React.js, React Context API, Redux, Redux Observable or similar state-management libraries
- 2+ years in at least two of: Flutter, React Native, Kotlin, Swift
- Familiarity with Node.js, Kubernetes, Docker, and the AWS cloud stack a plus
- Experience working with Scrum, preferably in a distributed team
- Strong experience in automated testing platforms, continuous integration, and unit tests
- Familiarity with, and interest in Blockchain technologies (we will train you further)
- Proficiency in asynchronous programming techniques
- Strong grounding in Web-application security
- Understanding fundamental design principles around designing responsive and user-friendly applications
- Experience with Git
- Comfort and skill in a remote-working environment.
Our Tech Stack:
- React.js, React Context API, React Native, Redux, Rx
- Kotlin, Swift
- Serverless: AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB etc.
- Blockchain: Ethereum (Solidity), Solana (Rust)
- Docker & Kubernetes