VP of Marketing
Location: Anywhere you want! We encourage qualified applicants from anywhere in the world to apply.
Language: English is the primary working language at Civic.
Reporting: The VP of Growth will report to the CEO.
We are looking for a driven and organized VP of Growth to join our experienced team and lead the charge in increasing the visibility of the Civic brand globally. Instrumental to our upcoming growth phase, you will be responsible for evolving and scaling our communications and marketing in alignment with our product development roadmap.
We need a forward-thinking self-starter to develop the overall marketing and communications plan in partnership with company leadership, and to manage the execution of diverse communications by working cross-functionally with leadership, business development, product developers, and visual designers.
- Oversee both demand generation and brand marketing
- Develop Civic’s brand and positioning and how it presents itself externally to different types of audiences.
- Communicate the benefits of Civic’s cutting-edge, seemingly complex technology to our various markets.
- Oversee PR activity and partner with external and internal resources.
- Drive full funnel, multi-channel marketing programs.
- Bring a flywheel approach to both demand generation and brand build
- Research competitive products by identifying and evaluating product characteristics, market share, pricing, and advertising; maintaining research databases.
- Iterate upon our ICP with high frequency
- Identify product opportunities within our current and potential user base to drive adoption.
- Develop and implement annual business plans and manage monthly, quarterly and annual expense and revenue budgets.
- Develop a reporting structure and cadence that clearly illustrates quantitative progress to goal
- 5-7 years of marketing leadership experience in an emerging technologies field
- 3-5 years of experience with go-to-market strategy and execution
- Successful track record at a high-growth, early-stage company
- Experience working with tech startups and new product launches
- Demand generation experience within a product led growth environment
- Brand-building experience in a mix of B2B & B2C markets
- An understanding that great experiences come from collaborative decision-making between product, business development, and marketing executing together
- Exceptional copywriter, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical thinker with experience in data-driven marketing
- Knowledge of and interest in the world of blockchain, cryptocurrencies, and decentralized finance
- Highly capable of executing in a fast-paced, remote-first work environment
- A strong leader with a proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Comfortable with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Can illustrate an ability to get into the weeds, and run key marketing operations themselves when called upon
- Has successfully built community within Discord and Twitter as well as other social channels