Social Media Manager
Location: Anywhere you want! We encourage qualified applicants from anywhere in the world to apply.
Language: English is the primary working language at Civic.
Reporting: The Social Media Manager will report to the Director of Marketing.
Position overview: The Social Media Manager is responsible for leading Civic’s social media growth by creating and distributing informative, high-value social content across all channels to engage existing and potential customers. This is a high-impact, high-visibility role that will work cross-functionally across the company and interface with Civic leadership to develop campaigns that support firm-wide initiatives.
- Develop a deep understanding of business priorities and leverage those insights to align social media strategy with short- and long-term company goals.
- Manage all communications with our community on LinkedIn, Twitter, Discord, Reddit and other channels.
- Synthesize insights from community interactions and surface critical issues to the engineering team.
- Protect the community from spam, misinformation, and irrelevant posts.
- Be an ambassador, educator, and evangelist of Civic.
- Create and own a set of KPIs and dashboards for tracking performance of community growth and impact on B2B sales.
- Build and manage a social media calendar for each of Civic’s key audience groups and schedule content in advance.
- Conduct a social media content audit across our competitor channels and present findings on interesting and engaging initiatives/approaches that Civic should adopt as part of its own content strategy.
- Identify new communities, if any, that may have a sufficient network of supporters to justify allocation of resources.
- 2+ years experience in a Community Manager role for 75k+ members
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and a consistently positive attitude.
- Able to use the best tools and practices (including GIFs, infographics, video content, etc.) to create viral content.
- Able to vet and onboard scalable software solutions to support communication channels, such as Discord, Telegram, etc. (i.e., bots, scripts, and other plugins)
- Experience creating content that drives engagement.
- Experience in encouraging communities to ask questions, voice concerns, create community traditions, and generate ideas.
- Have the proven ability to take the initiative and build strong, productive relationships.
- Empathetic and customer-centric
Nice to haves:
- A passion for or interest in blockchain technology and crypto communities.
- Key contributor to the rapid growth of one or more social media channels.
- Experience with hosting webinars or using virtual events tools.
How to apply:
- Tell us about your experience managing an online community.
- Provide 1-2 examples of created content that drove engagement.
- Tell us about 1-2 of your favorite online communities. What are they doing well to inspire such consistent engagement from you as a user?