Senior Back-end Engineer
Language: English is the primary working language at Civic.
Reporting: The Senior Back-end Engineer will report to the VP of Engineering.
You will be responsible for the design, implementation and testing of secure, scalable and highly-available Serverless and Blockchain applications, as well as working with architects and mobile & Web UX designers to provide the best possible product to our users.
This is a remote position. We require a developer who is proactive, flexible, disciplined and communicative. Civic in an environment with an extremely flat hierarchy, where initiative is greatly appreciated, expected and rewarded. You will be influencing the product and architecture of our system in substantial ways.
- Analysis of business requirements and solution design
- Integration of UI developed by front-end developers with a Serverless backend.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of highly-availabile and performant solutions
- Implementation of security and data protection
- 4+ years Node.js experience
- Experience in the AWS Stack, especially Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB and Cloudwatch
- Experience with front-end JS Technologies, such as React, Redux.
- Experience working with Scrum, preferably in a distributed team
- Strong experience in automated testing platforms, continuous integration, and unit tests
- Familiarity with, and interest in Blockchain technologies (we will train you further)
- Proficiency in asynchronous programming techniques
- Strong grounding in Web-application security
- Understanding fundamental design principles around designing scalable applications
- Experience with Git
- Comfort and skill in a remote-working environment.
- Serverless: AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB etc.
- Node.js (ES6+, Typescript)
- Blockchain: Ethereum (Solidity), Solana (Rust)
- Docker & Kubernetes
- iOS & Android