Rust Blockchain Engineer
Language: English is the primary working language at Civic.
Reporting: The Blockchain Engineer will report to the VP of Engineering.
Position overview: We are looking for a Senior Rust engineer with experience working in fast-paced, Agile, distributed teams, to help us build the future of identity on the Solana blockchain. Our goal is to design and build a suite of tools that make it easy for non-crypto-savvy users to interact with Solana.
You will be responsible for the architecture, implementation and testing of secure, scalable and highly-available blockchain applications, as well as working with mobile & Web UX designers to provide the best possible product to our users.
This is a remote position. We require a developer who is proactive, flexible, disciplined and communicative. Civic in an environment with an extremely flat hierarchy, where initiative is greatly appreciated, expected and rewarded. You will be influencing the product and architecture of our system in substantial ways.
- Analysis of business requirements and solution design
- Architecture and implementation of Rust programs running on the Solana blockchain
- Design and implementation of JS/TS client SDKs to integrate Solana programs into decentralized applications (dApps)
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of highly-availabile and performant solutions
- Implementation of security and data protection
- 1+ years Rust experience
- Experience with Solana a plus
- Experience working with Scrum, preferably in a distributed team
- Strong experience in automated testing platforms, continuous integration, and unit tests
- Strong grounding in Web-application security
- Understanding fundamental design principles around designing scalable applications
- Experience with Git
- Comfort and skill in a remote-working environment.
Our Tech Stack
- Serverless: AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB etc.
- Node.js (ES6+, Typescript)
- Blockchain: Ethereum (Solidity), Solana (Rust)
- Docker & Kubernetes
- iOS & Android