Director of Risk & Compliance
Location: Anywhere you want! Sufficient timezone crossover or willingness to shift hours to work with PST/PDT colleagues required, but we encourage qualified applicants from anywhere in the world to apply.
Language: English is the primary working language at Civic.
Reporting: The Director of Risk & Compliance will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
Position Overview: Civic is seeking a compliance and risk professional to oversee our overall Compliance and Risk Management infrastructure. This role is responsible for maintaining the compliance framework and identifying major risk factors (product, compliance and operational) for the company.
Key areas of risk/compliance focus include:
- GDPR / CCPA
- AML / BSA
- Data privacy
- Internal / External risk management
Functional Responsibilities: The day-to-day role of the Director of Risk & Compliance role includes developing, defining, maintaining and revising company compliance policies, procedures and systems, as well as liaising with different compliance authorities where Civic operates or wishes to operate. Other responsibilities include:
- Enhance and maintain the compliance framework through the development and implementation of comprehensive policies and procedures
- Assessing, overseeing and establishing internal access controls, risk management controls and systems
- Conduct assessments to define and analyze possible risks. Evaluate the seriousness of each risk by considering its consequences
- Design processes to eliminate or mitigate potential risks
- Create contingency plans to manage crises
- Cultivate partnerships with other teams for collaboration on projects like audits and requests for information (RFIs)
- Manage and oversee regulatory examinations, as well as internal and external audits
- Keep abreast of changes in the regulatory landscape
- Work with the product teams in a compliance advisory capacity
- Document findings, remediation plans, and maintain a risk register
- Oversee vendor management processes from a risk and compliance standpoint
- Respond to client due diligence inquiries
- Work with the legal team to analyze regulations and their applicability to products
- Own all regulatory matters for the firm in conjunction with COO
Requirements: Civic is looking for people who are passionate about identity, their work, take full ownership, and believe in transparent and collaborative culture with the goal of making Civic successful.
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience.
- BS/BA/JD or advanced degree in a related field, or equivalent experience – we will consider candidates with or without a degree
- Knowledge of risk management and control frameworks
- Knowledge of of information security and privacy standards and regulations
- Experience with auditing and reporting procedures
- Superior organization, project management skills, and attention to detail
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
- Ability to thrive in fast-pace, evolving, and technologically driven environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle highly sensitive, confidential information appropriately
- You are knowledgeable and enthusiastic about blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies