Developer Relations Manager
Location: Anywhere you want! We encourage qualified applicants from anywhere in the world to apply.
Language: English is the primary working language at Civic.
Reporting: The Developer Relations Manager will report to the Director of Marketing.
Position overview: We are looking for an experienced Developer Relations Manager to lead the charge in establishing Civic’s developer community building from the ground up. To enable engineers to build successfully with our suite of developer tools, our ideal team member is capable of being an ambassador, educator, and evangelist of Civic.
Civic is powered by the open-source, blockchain-based ecosystem of its sister brand, identity.com. The Developer Relations Manager would work with Identity’s Technical Community Manager to ensure clarity in messaging and positioning around both brands for the community.
This role additionally requires working cross-functionally with Civic company leadership, marketing, business development, product, and visual designers.
- Develop a deep understanding of business priorities and leverage those insights to align Developer Relations strategy to build awareness of and trust in Civic
- Define a set of KPIs for success in this role
- Work with our sister brand, identity.com, to ensure clarity in messaging and positioning around both brands for the community
- Engender trust as a technical subject matter expert for Civic
- Engage with the community ecosystem by participating in Civic’s existing forums such as Discord, GitHub, Twitter, and more
- Work with PR and Marketing to crafts blog and social media posts on a range of topics of interest to our developer community
- Communicate new product features and updates on a regular cadence to the community
- Synthesize insights from community interactions and surface critical issues to the engineering team
- Protect the community from spam, misinformation, and irrelevant posts
- Vet and onboard scalable software solutions to support developer communication channels
- Understand and resolve barriers to consumption of Civic tools and technologies for developers
- Identify new communities that may have a sufficient network of supporters to justify allocation of resources
- 3+ years experience cultivating and growing developer communities
- A passion for blockchain technology and crypto communities
- A passion for engineering culture, languages, and tools
- Experience in encouraging communities to ask questions, voice concerns, create community traditions, and generate ideas
- Ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and a consistently positive attitude
- Exceptional copywriter, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to execute in a fast-paced, remote-first work environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and a rapidly evolving business landscape
- Deep empathy for engineers and a customer-centric mindset
Nice to haves:
- Key contributor to the rapid growth of one or more social media channels
- Experience in contributing and participating in open source software communities