Business Development Associate
Location: Anywhere you want! Sufficient timezone crossover or willingness to shift hours to work with PST/PDT colleagues required, but we encourage qualified applicants from anywhere in the world to apply.
Language: English is the primary working language at Civic.
Reporting: The Business Development Associate will report to the Director of Business Development.
Position Overview: Civic is looking to add a Business Development Associate to the team. As a Business Development Associate, you will play a critical role by driving the execution of our strategic partnerships. Additionally, you will have the unique opportunity to work cross-functionally across multiple internal and external teams to implement our growth initiatives, including deepening the network effects of the Civic Identity platform. You will bring your proven experiences and best practices to the team while continually seeking to streamline all BD processes.
- Assist with business development initiatives in collaboration with multiple cross-functional teams, including Strategy, Corporate Development, Product, Engineering, and Legal
- Take ownership of executing strategic and value-added relationships and partnerships aligned with our identity product roadmap
- Collaborate with external & internal stakeholders (e.g., Business Development, Product, Engineering, Legal, Compliance, Business Operations, and Strategy) to identify the business and technical requirements and define deliverables for each team
- Actively review your projects’ progress, identify blockers, and work with minimal oversight to develop solutions to resolve any issues in a timely manner
- Escalate execution bottlenecks to relevant stakeholders to ensure projects remain on-track
- Maintain accountability; deliver successful outcomes with measurable results
- Identify emerging industry trends and leverage this information to inform our corporate strategy
- 3+ years of experience in a similar business development or partnerships role at a technology or financial services company
- Strong project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to work in a highly technical environment while effectively communicating key understandings to non-technical stakeholders
- Deep knowledge and understanding of identity, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, including the cryptocurrency industry
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing complex implementation roadmaps
- Commercial mindset and experience prioritizing competing priorities at a fast-growing company
- Ability to establish strong working relationships both internally and externally, across all levels of management
- Advanced knowledge and experience working with project management tools like Confluence, Jira, Google Office Applications, and others
- Experience in both traditional and startup environments
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a remote work environment
- Ideally, experience working for and understanding of how to prioritize deliverables for a fast-growing company
- Prefer an active crypto investor or trader, and experience and knowledge with Defi ecosystem